Link List Module for EE

Yoshi has released the Link List Module for EE for beta testing. Sweet!

Most of my links to other sites I already have set up in a Blogroll that was made from a tutorial by LisaJill which is now at the EEWiki. The thought of manually copying over all those sites into the new module had me thinking that I would definitely not be getting anything else done this weekend. But LisaJill suggested that I could set up a template to output the Blogroll into an OPML file and then import that into the Linklist Module.

And so I did. Even though I am completely clueless about OPML, I somehow muddled through. I downloaded the OPML from my old Blogrolling.com account, and used that as a guideline. After a couple of fits and starts, I got it done. The only thing is that it doesn't import the description field, and I will have to manually add the RSS and Favicon links. But at least I can get the site links up. So, for a start, here is my Link List. I can already see that I need to do some serious updating. But with the handy bookmarklet included in the module, that should be quick and easy to do.

Great job, Yoshi!

Posted by LissaKay on 05/14/05 at 10:09 PM in Blogging
It's good to know that it's being used! 😊 don't hesitate to ask/suggest anything about this module. 😊
Posted by yoshi on 05/14 at 10:33 PM

Lissa, I hope you'll consider making the OPML template available. I'd bet that'd be useful for more than just this, in certian situations.
Posted by Lisa on 05/14 at 10:46 PM

LissaKay's avatar It's here - right-click and save-as text.

I had to convert all the angle brackets to ASCII entities, otherwise the output would not render in a browser. To get a proper text file of the output, copy/paste works better than saving to a file. And on some of the URLs, there is a mysterious space added at the end, before the double-quote, but that was fixed easily in a text editor using find/replace.

If anyone can gussy this up a little better, feel free to do so!

Mind adding this to to the wiki - or if you don't have time, mind if I do?
Posted by Lisa on 05/14 at 11:37 PM

LissaKay's avatar You can certainly add it to the Wiki. I am kinda clueless there ... just haven't taken the time yet to learn the lingo, and I am in the middle of fixing dinner, finishing cleaning the house, etc. I'm killing myself with work today so I can be lazy tomorrow! :ahhh:

Added. =) Thank you, LissaKay!
Posted by Lisa on 05/15 at 12:31 AM

LissaKay's avatar Thanks, LisaJill! Now ... you wanna come vacuum, pick up the living room, finish the laundry and clean the kitty boxes for me? 😉

(gawd I wish!)

Posted by LissaKay on 05/15 at 12:49 AM

Clean the kitty boxes? Every other day I just dump the waste receptecle into the bin and take out the garbage. How hard could it be? 😉
Posted by Lisa on 05/15 at 12:54 AM