Boom Chicka Boom!

Tonight, we went to the shooting range with several folks from our Bible study group. Yep, we cling to our Bibles and guns, but you can bet your last dollar that we are not bitter! (Especially not after that fabulous speech by Sarah Palin at the RNC! She was simply fabulous. She looked fabulous. She has a fabulous family - and her hubby! Hubba hubba! And fabulous kids. She gave a fabulous speech and has a fabulous message, one that all the lies and smears and inuendo and retarded cartoons cannot diminish. Did I mention that she's fabulous? I think I have a bit of a girl-crush on the fabulous Ms Palin ... Sarah 2012! But I digress ... )

So we clingy folk all went down to the shooting range at Coal Creek Armory. We studied the rules very carefully, made the appropriate marks, donned our hearing and eye protection and proceeded to kill the crap out of some paper. I managed to wing some cardboard and maybe the ceiling once or twice. This was my first time shooting a gun, and it showed. I did a little better with the .40 than the .22, but it almost put me on my ass. I know my shoulder is going to be sore in the morning. It was quite the experience. There were three other ladies there with us, and two were also first-timers. I bet a certain Uncle is just mad-envious that he was not able to be there ... chicks and guns, 4 for 1!

Maybe some pics will help make up for it ...

imageimageimage

imageimage

Or how about some video?

We're going to be going for some Ladies' Night shooting soon ... free range time, pay only for rental guns and ammo, or bring your own.

Posted by LissaKay on 09/04/08 at 04:02 AM in Happy Crap
Ah, pictures from my old homestead. Now I'm feeling all nostalgic... 😊
Posted by Tam on 09/04 at 10:26 AM

Happy to meet you folks, even if it was just for the few moments of legally required condescension from behind the counter 😊
Posted by DrStrangegun on 09/04 at 11:03 AM

Hm. I wonder if Better Half would be more interested in the prospect of perforating some paper if it were a "Ladies' Night" kind of thing. My one time attempting to take her to the range was something of a... non-success, but I think a lot of that just had to do with the noise. *starts plotting*
Posted by Linoge on 09/04 at 11:10 AM

Girls and guns...what a beautiful combination!

Palin is definitely a woman I will vote for!

Posted by Mushy on 09/04 at 05:35 PM

I love it when people get to have some fun putting holes in paper for the first time. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm also very happy that you support Sarah Palin. Go Sarah! We LOVED her speech last night, I've already watched it 3 times! lol.
Posted by Dustin on 09/04 at 06:51 PM

I love reading posts like this that have positive reactions in regards to guns. It's always great to see more and more women enjoying firearms. Great post.
Posted by Tangled Web on 09/05 at 03:41 AM

"I did a little better with the .40 than the .22, but it almost put me on my ass. I know my shoulder is going to be sore in the morning."

Don't lock your arm. Keep your wrist locked but your elbow a little bit bent and let the recoil roll up, instead of driving straight back through your arms to your shoulders.

(Now this is where someone tells me I'm totally wrong. Gun guys are awesomely disputational.)

Chicks with guns are awesome.

Posted by Dave S. on 09/05 at 05:07 AM

Hey! We were in the same place girl! Just go on ladies night next time.
Posted by Michele on 09/05 at 11:21 PM